Tuesday, October 4, 2011

THE WARREN FAMILY: Dunn, NC

I had the wonderful opportunity to head back to my home state of NC a couple of weeks ago.  While I'm home, not only do I have the pleasure of spending time with my family, but also time with my friends.  To make it even better, sometimes I get to photograph my friends and their loved ones.  This trip was no exception.

A very dear friend, and wonderful photographer in her own right, asked if I would take her family portraits.  You see, we tried this earlier in the summer at the beach.  Much to our dismay Mother Nature did not exactly cooperate.  So it was time for a do over.  In the country.  And wouldn't you know it, Mother Nature  decided to tease us once again.  All day long the looming clouds and rain showers kept both of us on edge. However, we are determined professionals and as rain drops fell from the sky I headed over to Gina's house.  And then it happened.... it was one of those Ahhhhhhhh moments.  The rain drops stopped falling and the gorgeous cloud cover gave us the most beautiful softly diffused light.

So, we headed down the road to a cotton field, then to an old house and ended the session by an old barn just behind their house.  Just a few miles from home Gina found these amazing backdrops.

I would also like to say a huge Thank You to Gina for 2nd shooting with me at a beach wedding just a few days later.  Gina, you and your family warm my heart!

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from our afternoon in the country...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.