Saturday, February 5, 2011

Reflections of Mom

This morning started like any other Saturday morning in the Sanchez house.  Frank headed out to work leaving me and Abby (our dog) in a warm bed to enjoy a few more precious moments of sleep.  Malia, our pre-teen, enjoying the laziness of a day off of school.  About an hour later I convinced myself to get out of bed and take Abby for her walk.

Back inside to make some coffee, catch up on a few shows on DVR and then on to the household chores.  While putting away the dishes the thought popped into my head.  'You need to call Mom.'  And just like that, in a nanosecond the reality of my thought hit me like a ton of bricks... 'Kelly, you can't call her!'  It has been 19 months and it sill seems impossible.  Like a bad dream that I can't wake up from.  She is gone.

One of the things I miss the most is the sound of her voice.  Our daily phone calls.  I still have her number in my cell and long for the conversations we used to share.  So, I talked to her today, in my kitchen, putting away the dishes.  I told her the all the latest news, about Malia and her school activities.  Things going on with my business.  The weather.  How much I miss her.  I love her.   And, when I listen real close I still hear her voice and I know that she is still with me.  Her fingerprint will forever be on my heart - in the woman I am and the woman I still long to become.


1 comment:

  1. So glad I saw this. She was so precious. Tears falling like rain ~

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.