Sunday, March 27, 2011

THESE SHOES WERE MADE FOR WALKING... OR NOT

It was my first wedding of 2011.  The sun was shining, the sky was blue and it was hot.  The kind of hot, humid day that us Texans know all about.  Sticky hot!  I arrived at the venue early, as a I always do, to allow myself time to get a feel for the venue and visit with the bride, the groom and their families.  I was immediately struck by just how gorgeous this venue is during the day and could not wait to see if after sunset.  It was picturesque.

While visiting with the bride and her sisters I commented on how sassy their high heels were.  I LOVE high heels, but know better than to wear them while working an all day wedding.  So while I envied their gorgeous shoes, I walked around in my plain jane simple flats and welcomed the comfort they would provide later in the evening.  Well... not exactly.  A few hours later I could feel the blister forming, the burn and ache on the side of my heel.  Even the bandaid I found for relief was no match for the pain.  Honestly, maybe I should have worn my trusty heels!  They've never given me a blister!!

It was a gorgeous wedding, a perfect day and a warm welcoming family!  I can't wait to get the photos ready for the bride and groom.

And, go shopping for new shoes!


I'll have the blog post featuring the wedding of Julie and David soon!  Here's one little sneak peek...

1 comment:

  1. Love this pic! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.