Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WHAT SHOULD WE WEAR?

Whether it is an engagement session or family portraits I'm often asked:  "What Should We Wear?"  I'm always happy of offer suggestions to clients who need guidance.  I think there is a time, a place (and family) that could not be happier with khaki pants and white shirts.  When working in Charleston that was the time honored tradition for photos on the beach.  And yes, I love it.  But I really enjoy when my clients represent their style in a unique and fun way.

I personally don't believe that the entire family has to match.  But they should coordinate.  Photos come to life when there are different textures and patterns that coordinate with a specific color palette.  A quick internet search of 'what to wear for family pictures' will give you lots of images for inspiration.  Fashion boards are a great way to see an entire 'look' for the whole family.  I've had the pleasure of photographing some wonderful couples and families recently and they are great examples how to coordinate, not match, for your photos.  You can look through some old blog posts or visit my website for photos.

I've been participating with a great photography site called i heart faces and they just posted a Blog about this topic.  So if you are asking "what should we wear?", check out the fashion boards below for a little inspiration.  Courtesy of i heart faces and Melinda Brookshire.

Thanks for stopping by
~Kelly

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.