Friday, April 1, 2011

JULIE + DAVID: VINEYARDS OF WAVERLY MANOR WEDDING

It started out like most relationships do.  They met, became friends and then it grew into something more. They began dating in the summer of 2004 and about a year later David and Julie discussed it... marriage. It seemed time to talk about it. Time to get married.  At least that is what David thought.  He mentioned the idea of getting married to Julie and she said that she was not ready.  It was not that she did not want to marry him, she loved him.  She just did not want to be married.  It came up in conversation several times and she always said "what we have is working, why change that?"  He ultimately told her, that he knew what he wanted and if she ever changed her mind she would have to ask him.  Several years went by and then it happened.  He came home from work and there it was.  A cake.  It was a simple cake decorated with M & M's that formed a '?'.  M & M's with the message "Will You Marry Me?" printed right on each and every one.  She asked and he said Yes!


They united in marriage at the beautiful Vineyards of Waverly Manor in Huntsville, TX.  It was a picture perfect spring afternoon and the ideal setting for their outdoor ceremony.  Surrounded by family and friends they exchanged vows.  They said goodbye to their guests under the stars and closed out the evening with a fireworks show.


I've had the pleasure to get to know them over the past 6 months and was honored to be a part of their special day.  Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Y!!


Here are a few of my favorites from the wedding.  To see more photos visit Kelly Sanchez Photography.




























2 comments:

  1. How sweet! I have never had a blog written about me before. I knew I wanted him to be mine when I was 17. And here we are today, married!!! It was a BEAUTIFUL day! I am sooooooo thankful that we found you to document it for us! All the pix are so gorgeous! It will be hard to finalize the album! Thank you so much, Kelly, for everything!!! You are a beautiful person, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie I can't thank you all enough for selecting me as your photographer. You took a chance on a Carolina girl that was new to Texas and I am so grateful! I was truly honored to be there to witness your marriage. Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.