Thursday, April 28, 2011

A LITTLE TIME OFF... MAYBE

I have been blessed with so much work and fantastic clients in the past couple of months.  I was feeling a little discouraged when I noticed the calendar for May was not as full as I wanted it to be.  I was doing the 'poor pitiful me routine' when out of the blue I had a change of thinking...  I realized I need to appreciate and acknowledge how grateful I was to have been busy. Constantly emailing, shooting, processing, editing, ordering, delivering, networking, meeting and consulting.  That is how March and April were.  There were moments when I wondered how I could get it all done.  But I did.  Get it done.

I decided to take a different approach to my discouragement that May would be a slow month.  I chose to stop and be thankful for the work that I've been blessed with and thank God for sending it all to me.  So I did.  I thanked God for the work and I thanked Him for the time to rest and reflect.  I know that He has granted me this down time to look back and be proud and grateful for the work I've done.  After I thanked Him again for the quiet, for the time off He blessed me again... with more work.  Now, the 1st week in May is no longer empty squares on my calendar.  It is so obvious to me that He knows much better than I ever will what I need and when I need it!

It is much easier to realize that you have everything that you need when you stop worrying about getting what you want.

Blessings to you all!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.